Sunday, April 7, 2013

What Really Happened/Week in Review

Alleluia! Happy Easter week to all!
  • We celebrated Easter with my mother-in-law at Sunny View and then headed to Easter dinner at Mark's Godparents house. Hid 9 dozen hard boiled eggs for the kids to hunt for. Fun!
  • We went on a field trip to the Moffet Naval Air Base to hear our old neighbor Fritz Trapnell give a speech about his Dad, "Trap", a very famous test pilot who even has Trapnell Field in Maryland named after him. The kids didn't like the speech very much (I did) but they enjoyed the museum tour. Turns out Bill is his 9th cousin. You can tell Bill spends too much time on Ancestry.com!
  • Kids had a regular week of baseball, softball, and choir practice because it seems many of the schools around here have off the week of the 8th instead.
  • The kids science tutor still came on Thursday and they started keeping a weather log.
  • I had a bit of a flare up and was feeling "off" for two days, I feel better now.
  • Our dog snapped at the baby and I had to figure out what to do, it was a very stressful few days of separation, vet visit, taking her to doggie boarding hotel, etc. 
  • Gordo finished his Kindergarden math workbook and we celebrated with a Burnt Almond cake from Dick's Bakery. He is glad to have finished early. The next day he asked me to play a phonics game with him because he says he wants to learn how to read now.
  • We got 3 chicks on Saturday! Pictures to come! 
  • Bill and I went to a Marriage Enrichment Group meeting while the kids went to the San Francisco Zoo with our nanny and his family. They had a great time! {And so did we.}
  • By Sunday night we were all so tired we had cereal for dinner, first time in 10 years I've gotten away with that!
  • I told the two older kids on Sunday night they had to do STAR testing on Monday and Tuesday (part of our duty as public charter school homeschoolers). I figured if I didn't tell them till Sunday night they'd have no time to get anxious about it. We'll see how it goes. 
  • Bill and I still haven't made reservations for our 10th anniversary trip, but we've narrowed it down to France.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to know you've stopped by and read the blog.
Me encantaria saber que estuviste leyendo el blog.