Monday, June 20, 2011

He's here! He's here!

Baby M has arrived! He was 10 lbs, 1 oz and healthy as a horse! I am so glad we changed ob/gyns at the beginning of the pregnancy. The woman actually told me at my very first check up that I should get an abortion due to my age and the meds I take for my Crohn's.

I can't believe how pro-abortion the US has become. She had no medical evidence to support this. I called my gastroenterologist as soon as I got home and he said he had no idea why she would say something like that since my meds are Category B during pregnancy. The baby is fine and I stayed in remission during the pregnancy - and by God's grace I did not smack the ob/gyn when she said this cruel thing to me.

After being an atheist for nearly 20 years, and pro-choice even after my conversion to Catholicism, I now don't know how anyone who has ever seen a 10 week ultrasound can call it a blob of tissue or a clump of cells. We could see the heartbeat and limbs moving from the very first ultrasound.

He arrived today after my water broke, just hours before my scheduled c-section. It was clearly the day God had planned for him to be born all along. The big brothers and sister are over the moon....and Daddy is smitten, of course.



I will be back to blogging after things calm down a little bit. But, for now, have a wonderful summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to know you've stopped by and read the blog.
Me encantaria saber que estuviste leyendo el blog.