Thursday, September 1, 2011

First Day of School & Bringing Back Home Ec

Our homeschool year has gotten off to a great start. Blondie went to his Mandarin Co-op preschool class, which gave me time to dive right into Reading, Math, and Writing with Sweetpea and Toto. We had a really fun and great day.

One of my main goals this year, as we start our 4th year of homeschooling, and now that we've added a 4th child to the mix, is to get my household more organized. There is so much to do: meal planning, finish unpacking, organize the homeschool room, donate and sell excess belongings, etc., that sometimes I don't know where to start. 

I had to pick something. So for now I have decided to start with meal planning and developing the habit of doing chores promptly and cheerfully (both me and the children), most especially as it relates to meal planning, cooking, shopping, and kitchen clean up. When I was in grade school I remember taking Home Ec and getting a notebook to store recipes in, I probably still have some laying around here somewhere!

I would love for my children to leave home with a binder of their favorite recipes and the good habit of eating healthy foods and enjoying conversation at mealtimes.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to know you've stopped by and read the blog.
Me encantaria saber que estuviste leyendo el blog.