Monday, November 12, 2012

Finding a routine again

Things have finally started getting back to normal around here. We managed to empty out one storage unit, so now we're down to only two left. Huge accomplishment for us.

Children had their first assessment with the homeschool charter school teacher and all three of them did very well. Even Gordo, after he got over his initial fear about being tested.

Had a chance to meet with Jim and Ron to discuss some new ideas for the backyard landscape design. I can't wait to get started on it; I think it's going to look great in the end.

I am hating the short days. I am ready for everyone to go to bed by 6 pm - which is more than a little unreasonable. But I don't know what to do to keep them all occupied and off the tv/computer, so we've been listening to audible books every night.

In the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy, I've been thinking a lot about emergency preparedness. I haven't updated our emergency kit in about 3 years which means all of our stuff has gone bad and we have nothing in there for the baby. That would be a great homeschool project to get the kids help on.

Tired tonight on a long Monday that included a lot of sibling squabbling, so I'm off to bed very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to know you've stopped by and read the blog.
Me encantaria saber que estuviste leyendo el blog.