Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Homeschooling with a chronic illness

These are the days that I both love and hate homeschooling with a chronic illness. I am bone tired, I had a nearly 4 hr infusion treatment for my Crohn's this morning, and now I am home resting.

Why I love that we are homeschooling today: my kids are home and being kind to me, and I'm not running around trying to do everything beholden to a traditional school schedule.

Why I hate that we are homeschooling today: I have to have a nanny here to take care of the kids so I can go to these long appointments and then rest afterwards.

Luckily, the baby is sleeping next to me, and the nanny took the three older ones to the store for me so I will have almost 2 hrs of quiet time to rest at home this afternoon.

I don't know how a Mom with a chronic illness could homeschool without some type of regular help. Actually, I don't know how a Mom with a chronic illness could get her kids to regular school either without some type of regular help.

But I am blessed in that I was able to have 4 healthy children despite my illness and that we are able to afford some help for now while the kids are so little and needy. I am also very lucky that I can drive myself back and forth to my appointments. And so now, to rest....

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to know you've stopped by and read the blog.
Me encantaria saber que estuviste leyendo el blog.