1 3/4 cups cornstarch
1 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 tsp lemon juice
Dulce de leche
grated and sweetened coconut
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Place the cornstarch, flour, baking soda, and salt in a bowl and mix briefly.
3. Cut the butter into small pieces and add to the flour mixture, blending with your fingers until the
mixture is smooth.
4. Add the powdered sugar, vanilla, and mix with your hands until the dough is homogeneous and
smooth (add a tablespoon or two if too crumbly to form a ball). Let the dough rest in the
refrigerator for 30 minutes.
5. Roll out dough to 3/8" thickness, and cut into 2 inch circles.
6. Place cookies on baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
7. Bake cookies for 10-15 minutes, until they are barely golden brown.
8. To fill the cookies, spread one cookie with dulce de leche and top with second cookie. Roll the edges
in the coconut.